Skip to main content

Solid Support Systems

If you cannot keep honest people around you and in your crew, you're playing yourself. If you push away people that tell you the truth, even if it hurts you, you're playing yourself. If you don't constantly re-evaluate your circle as you progress to see who is still solid, you're playing yourself. Even though we expect people to come into our lives (friends, family, partners) acting properly, we really shouldn't expect that because they do not HAVE to do right by you. We get mad at people all the time for the things that they do to harm us, but people are going to do whatever they want to do at the end of the day. It is our jobs to constantly check the people around us to prevent these things from happening because you can't progress when you have negative and unbalanced people around you. Negativity is contagious, and failure can also be contagious, and it is just our own responsibilities to keep things like that away. Let me explain, I had this friend that I used to be involved with, hence, HAD.... and the moment that I realized he was a toxic individual that disrupted my life balance, I ended our relationship. This person would call me out my name, blame his problems on me, and disappear from communication all the time just because he hated to face his problems head on. And yes, I cared for my friend deeply, but I cared for myself more, so I had to cut that situation off. You see, I have grown over time and I have learned to steer away from anything that has the potential to harm me, and I am grateful I got to see that before my balance was disrupted. Regardless of loving and caring for a person with all my heart, I have learned the value in LETTING GO IN ORDER TO GROW. I was a good friend by offering this person help when needed, but this person was so far gone that they did not accept that help. If people cannot take the initiative to do better and be better, then it is not another person's responsibility to take care of that person when them themselves are in a great place. When you spend too much time trying to bring up another person, you're taking away time from growing yourself.... and, in my eyes, he was twenty-six years old....it was not my responsibility to take care of him and let him piggy back off of me when my back had just gotten strong. You get what I'm saying? Therefore, he had to go in all aspects. It is so so sooooo important to have solid people around you so that you all can progress and learn together. You know those "girl friends " that you may talk to when you find out your man is up to no good and they encourage you to basically be mad and get angry? NOT A SOLID SUPPORT SYSTEM. If your mind was clear and you truly looked out for yourself, you would understand that friend is disrupting your balance. Or possibly, that guy that makes you feel bad for him being in the wrong? That stressing and crying that you do because of that DISRUPTS YOUR BALANCE. I can personally attest to experiencing a more stress-free life when I cleaned up my circle. Whether its a circle of five friends in different parts of the US, I don't care as long as my system as solid. As long as I have people that encourage me to do well, actually are happy when I accomplish things, encourage me to walk away when I want to turn into an "Angry Black Woman"... those are the type of people I need. The type of people that are on my level and value education like I do and want to go out and make this money... you know? Just people that understand the value of not sitting on your ass and going out and making something of yourself because, nothing is given to you freely. If you keep people that have a clean and balanced state of mind around you, then facing problems wont be as hard because you have these SOLID people by your side. I don't know, just a little something-something to say. 

Comments

Most Popular Posts

Girl friendssssss !!!!

Girlfriends was by far one of the best television shows that I grew up watching, and still watch to this day... and when I think about the type of women/social circle that I would like to be around, Joan, Toni, Mya, and Lynn is exactly what it would look like. I remember starting off the sixth grade and traveling up until high school with a huge social circle filled with all these different types of girls and young women with varied personalities, values, and beliefs. Throughout that time, my social circle remained large, but there were some tweaks here and there and some people were not meant to last. What I mean is, we outgrow some relationships, we drain out some relationships, and we sometimes stop putting forth the effort to keep up effective relationships. Over the course of those years, I developed a lot of meaningful relationships and developed a slight sense of what type of people I wanted to be surrounded by. One of the major adjustments that I had throughout graduat

Facebook Chronicles.

My post had over 250 comments and 18 shares as of writing this blog. So, all different types of men come in my dms messaging me with different purposes. I've gotten nudes in my messages, wanna-be thugs, nerds, mixtapes, drama, and all these other things in my messages, but today was the ultimate breaking point for me. This guy, who has been trying to get with me for years, came in my messages trying to talk to me, which I denied, and he in return got potty within the mouth and said some disrespectful things to me. There were a few reasons why I shared the messages on Facebook and Snapchat that I really want to share. For starters, there are right and wrong ways to approach women when you come in their direct messages. I don't know how other people were raised, but meeting and talking to people online is already something sketchy because you don't really have a sure perception of how this person is through something where we can be who we want to be. Behind computer scr

How Do You Go About Letting People Go?

The past few days, people have been trying me, yet I have provided them with opportunities to change that. Today, I decided to take the initiative to cut off my "best friend" due to her no longer being fit to have that role anymore. Was the decision hard? Far from it. I say that... if you allow people the opportunity to come back into your life from a previous mishap, and they did not learn from it from not having you present in their life then, then they are not fit to be a part of your life. I do not grieve over losses of people in that manner anymore because I make decisions that are going to be best for me. If it is best for me to cut ties with people that I have known for years, so be it. Whether it is friends, family, whoever... because you will not have a place in my life where you choose to be toxic. We are not going to speak on the countless nights where you called and I was the only one there to talk to. We are not going to speak on how you questioned whether you w