Skip to main content

Girl, Don't Cry...


I am tired of seeing the women around me cry. Tired of seeing the women around me settle, beg, struggle, complain, and do it on their own because the men they lie down with just cannot get it right. But then again, I am tired of seeing the women around me act like they do not know what it is that they deserve just for the sake of having someone, anyone, in their lives. I am tired of seeing the women around me cry, who made themselves cry because they walked back to a situation that they knew was no good, with hopes of trying to fix it. I sit up late at night having so many conversations with my lady friends about their men and the best advice that I can always give is to focus on themselves. A majority of us have not even hit twenty-five, yet we all feel so inclined to find that perfect man right now at this very second. Reality check number one, not one man or woman is created to be perfect, so get that perception out of your head that there will ever be a man or woman out there that will have perfect listening and communication skills all the time, perfect sex all the time, perfect ways at confronting their problems all the time... it just cannot be exactly how you want it to be just because you want it to be that way. And, the luxury of being young is having the opportunity to go out and experiment in hopes of learning what it is that we like and finding ourselves as well. While we go out and search for this perfect person, we tend to avoid looking in the mirror and confronting our imperfect selves. I say... don't cry because life is going to be filled with a lot of heartbreaks, especially with us being so young and having a lack of knowledge on everything that is perfect love. No one knows everything about how to love another person and no one knows everything about how to keep relationships perfect, we simply just continue to live, learn, and adjust when need be. I am tired of staying up til the wee hours trying to figure out this crazy thing called love with my ladies when I just figured out how to properly love myself, therefore, how can I love someone else properly and expect them to do the same. I am twenty years old and have found myself and my friends of the same age crying over love and men, and I ask myself why cant I enjoy my twenties without feeling inclined to have a man by my side in order to do so? We all sit up frustrated and asking questions and we just have not experienced enough or lived enough to get the answers, yet. The most important word that we should hold onto when it comes to finding that perfect one is "patience" because I learned that God is not going to move on my time just because I say that I want to be engaged before I graduate college and married by twenty-five. God is going to provide me with that man that HE thinks that I need, when HE is done providing me with lessons, when HE thinks I have enough strength and knowledge to take it on, on HIS time. I am tired of seeing my ladies cry, and I am tired of internally crying with them because they cannot realize this. They cannot realize the simple fact that they experienced the heartbreak that tore them into pieces so that HE can build us back up into something new, something better, something more wise, strong, self-loving... to be the better half of someone else that is being constructed to fit you at the same exact time. You should not cry over something that you know deep down is no good for you, because you should know above anything else that there is something better for you. I say.... don't cry because you are worth, and he is worth the wait. I say.... don't cry because you're wasting time crying when you should be spending time trying to grasp the bigger lesson. I say.... don't cry because you're young and have all the time to find love because if you have not found it and kept it by now, you just might not understand what love truly is and the time will come when it is really meant. 

Comments

Most Popular Posts

Girl friendssssss !!!!

Girlfriends was by far one of the best television shows that I grew up watching, and still watch to this day... and when I think about the type of women/social circle that I would like to be around, Joan, Toni, Mya, and Lynn is exactly what it would look like. I remember starting off the sixth grade and traveling up until high school with a huge social circle filled with all these different types of girls and young women with varied personalities, values, and beliefs. Throughout that time, my social circle remained large, but there were some tweaks here and there and some people were not meant to last. What I mean is, we outgrow some relationships, we drain out some relationships, and we sometimes stop putting forth the effort to keep up effective relationships. Over the course of those years, I developed a lot of meaningful relationships and developed a slight sense of what type of people I wanted to be surrounded by. One of the major adjustments that I had throughout graduat

Facebook Chronicles.

My post had over 250 comments and 18 shares as of writing this blog. So, all different types of men come in my dms messaging me with different purposes. I've gotten nudes in my messages, wanna-be thugs, nerds, mixtapes, drama, and all these other things in my messages, but today was the ultimate breaking point for me. This guy, who has been trying to get with me for years, came in my messages trying to talk to me, which I denied, and he in return got potty within the mouth and said some disrespectful things to me. There were a few reasons why I shared the messages on Facebook and Snapchat that I really want to share. For starters, there are right and wrong ways to approach women when you come in their direct messages. I don't know how other people were raised, but meeting and talking to people online is already something sketchy because you don't really have a sure perception of how this person is through something where we can be who we want to be. Behind computer scr

How Do You Go About Letting People Go?

The past few days, people have been trying me, yet I have provided them with opportunities to change that. Today, I decided to take the initiative to cut off my "best friend" due to her no longer being fit to have that role anymore. Was the decision hard? Far from it. I say that... if you allow people the opportunity to come back into your life from a previous mishap, and they did not learn from it from not having you present in their life then, then they are not fit to be a part of your life. I do not grieve over losses of people in that manner anymore because I make decisions that are going to be best for me. If it is best for me to cut ties with people that I have known for years, so be it. Whether it is friends, family, whoever... because you will not have a place in my life where you choose to be toxic. We are not going to speak on the countless nights where you called and I was the only one there to talk to. We are not going to speak on how you questioned whether you w