Skip to main content

Facebook Chronicles.

My post had over 250 comments and 18 shares as of writing this blog.

So, all different types of men come in my dms messaging me with different purposes. I've gotten nudes in my messages, wanna-be thugs, nerds, mixtapes, drama, and all these other things in my messages, but today was the ultimate breaking point for me. This guy, who has been trying to get with me for years, came in my messages trying to talk to me, which I denied, and he in return got potty within the mouth and said some disrespectful things to me. There were a few reasons why I shared the messages on Facebook and Snapchat that I really want to share. For starters, there are right and wrong ways to approach women when you come in their direct messages. I don't know how other people were raised, but meeting and talking to people online is already something sketchy because you don't really have a sure perception of how this person is through something where we can be who we want to be. Behind computer screens and cellphones, we can be thick if we want to, sensitive, hide smiles and give off compassion when needed, and many other things in order to be this perfect person. I had already known this person prior to messaging, but I had been made up my mind through his constant flirting that he was not my type. I don't want someone my height, I would prefer to have someone that does not smoke all the time, or someone that cannot keep their hair together.... I simply was just not attracted to him and he found that offensive. He called me a hoe, bitch, and many other things for hours today because I said that he wasn't my type and it really blew my mind at how men are so comfortable talking to women this way. Why is it okay for "grown men" to call women out their names at any point in time? Because I grew up around men that never called the women around them bitches and hoes because they were not raised that way. What I did not appreciate was how angry he became at rejection when rejection is a natural part of life. Why is it so hard to accept our "L's" and move forward with confidence? Because, the way that I see it... he only took offense because his pride was hurt and he probably questioned himself. If you know that you are a good person, you shouldn't have to get out of character to explain that to others. If you know that you are a good person, you would move forward respectfully while understanding at the same time that it was the other person's loss and there is someone more fit out there for you. I question how well he was raised because it was so easy for him to become disrespectful due to not getting what he wanted. I wanted to share my experience with others because, there are a lot of women out here experiencing rumors being established and backlash all because these young boys cannot take rejection. Being called a hoe can be spread and accepted easier than you NOT being a hoe and I took offense to him using that word so lightly. Names travel with you and construct a person's whole perception of you regardless of having the facts in their eyes, and as I get older, perception is becoming more important for me because as a young adult, I do not want my peers, employers, and no one in general to associate me with that word. I do not want to be associated with a word that means that my body has less value that most. Or, a name that is associated with a lot of men having sex with me and me just tearing my clothes off every time I am alone with a man. Our words do damage and that is the key. I really wish he would've handled the situation better, and as a result, an example was made of him. Learn to respect these women that you look at originally as the wifey and mother of my child types, and keep that same respect when they politely reject you because they might want something else. It is OKAY, for someone to tell you no and move along and I hope he grasped the overall idea as he rants on and on about it. Direct messages usually get avoided when it comes to my messages, but my patience was tried. I know I am not the only on that gets annoyed by the men that message right off the bat talking about how good sex with them is... or the men that you thought respected you and were your friends that send you d**k pics. I struggled with my own guy bestfriend because he was on that same type of time and I want to pass it along to women that it is OKAY to call these men out when they go around disrespecting us. It was not about the embarrassment or to be petty, it was about me being the one woman that taught him that how he talks to women and treats women is NOT okay and to learn to be better as he moves along. 

Comments

Most Popular Posts

Girl friendssssss !!!!

Girlfriends was by far one of the best television shows that I grew up watching, and still watch to this day... and when I think about the type of women/social circle that I would like to be around, Joan, Toni, Mya, and Lynn is exactly what it would look like. I remember starting off the sixth grade and traveling up until high school with a huge social circle filled with all these different types of girls and young women with varied personalities, values, and beliefs. Throughout that time, my social circle remained large, but there were some tweaks here and there and some people were not meant to last. What I mean is, we outgrow some relationships, we drain out some relationships, and we sometimes stop putting forth the effort to keep up effective relationships. Over the course of those years, I developed a lot of meaningful relationships and developed a slight sense of what type of people I wanted to be surrounded by. One of the major adjustments that I had throughout graduat

How Do You Go About Letting People Go?

The past few days, people have been trying me, yet I have provided them with opportunities to change that. Today, I decided to take the initiative to cut off my "best friend" due to her no longer being fit to have that role anymore. Was the decision hard? Far from it. I say that... if you allow people the opportunity to come back into your life from a previous mishap, and they did not learn from it from not having you present in their life then, then they are not fit to be a part of your life. I do not grieve over losses of people in that manner anymore because I make decisions that are going to be best for me. If it is best for me to cut ties with people that I have known for years, so be it. Whether it is friends, family, whoever... because you will not have a place in my life where you choose to be toxic. We are not going to speak on the countless nights where you called and I was the only one there to talk to. We are not going to speak on how you questioned whether you w