Skip to main content

Girl friendssssss !!!!





Girlfriends was by far one of the best television shows that I grew up watching, and still watch to this day... and when I think about the type of women/social circle that I would like to be around, Joan, Toni, Mya, and Lynn is exactly what it would look like. I remember starting off the sixth grade and traveling up until high school with a huge social circle filled with all these different types of girls and young women with varied personalities, values, and beliefs. Throughout that time, my social circle remained large, but there were some tweaks here and there and some people were not meant to last. What I mean is, we outgrow some relationships, we drain out some relationships, and we sometimes stop putting forth the effort to keep up effective relationships. Over the course of those years, I developed a lot of meaningful relationships and developed a slight sense of what type of people I wanted to be surrounded by. One of the major adjustments that I had throughout graduating high school and experiencing college was going through the essential life lessons where you realize "keeping a small social circle has the best benefits." and "everyone is not your friend." With me, one of the major flaws that I have in all my relationships is letting people overstay their welcome and abuse the fact that I am supportive. I lost a lot of friends through speaking truth and through outgrowing women that wanted to be petty and drama-defined. Something that is important to me as I get older is to be surrounded around women that put forth the same effort to keep the friendship well as I do. I want to be surrounding around women that are educated and willing to travel and go out for drinks on a random Tuesday in May. Random things, but above all, women that are positive and willing to be supportive in a sense where "we all climb to the top and we all win", not "we can all climb the ladder, but you cannot get higher than me. I'll only support and help you to this extent." A few years ago, I lost one of my bestfriends due to outgrowing and change, which was difficult to deal with then, but I am acceptant of it now. My decision to walk away from a friendship of years was not difficult once I realized that this person was no longer the person that I would do anything for. This was no longer the person that was supportive and drama-free, this person had changed so much that she became a stranger and questioned my own character and ability to be a good friend. When people change in the way that she changed, it is time to move on and move on with your head high, especially if you know you were a good friend. Losing friends over the years has been tough in some cases, but great in others due to the fact that I have gained other great friends throughout the process. When one person is removed, another person is gained and I am thankful for all the people I have present in my life, now. When I think of girl friends, I think of the women that will be throwing the bachelorette party with lots of strippers that I told them millions of times to not hire, lol. I think of the women that have no problem getting me food or rubbing my feet during my first pregnancy. I think of the group of friends that I go all across the world with traveling and exploring new things. Through girlfriends, I search for another sense of sisterhood and the actual show Girlfriends just stands as a perfect representation of my goals when it comes to my own circle of friends.

Comments

Most Popular Posts

Facebook Chronicles.

My post had over 250 comments and 18 shares as of writing this blog. So, all different types of men come in my dms messaging me with different purposes. I've gotten nudes in my messages, wanna-be thugs, nerds, mixtapes, drama, and all these other things in my messages, but today was the ultimate breaking point for me. This guy, who has been trying to get with me for years, came in my messages trying to talk to me, which I denied, and he in return got potty within the mouth and said some disrespectful things to me. There were a few reasons why I shared the messages on Facebook and Snapchat that I really want to share. For starters, there are right and wrong ways to approach women when you come in their direct messages. I don't know how other people were raised, but meeting and talking to people online is already something sketchy because you don't really have a sure perception of how this person is through something where we can be who we want to be. Behind computer scr

How Do You Go About Letting People Go?

The past few days, people have been trying me, yet I have provided them with opportunities to change that. Today, I decided to take the initiative to cut off my "best friend" due to her no longer being fit to have that role anymore. Was the decision hard? Far from it. I say that... if you allow people the opportunity to come back into your life from a previous mishap, and they did not learn from it from not having you present in their life then, then they are not fit to be a part of your life. I do not grieve over losses of people in that manner anymore because I make decisions that are going to be best for me. If it is best for me to cut ties with people that I have known for years, so be it. Whether it is friends, family, whoever... because you will not have a place in my life where you choose to be toxic. We are not going to speak on the countless nights where you called and I was the only one there to talk to. We are not going to speak on how you questioned whether you w