Skip to main content

Extras: Thinking and Planning Ahead ...

Am I the only one that hopelessly and obsessively thinks ahead about the future like every second of every day? Madly trying to control everything and guessing what path God is going to take me on... Or having those long nights of studying for classes ending with an exaggerated breakdown of tears and shouts of "I'm sick of this shit! I'm dropping out of school!" That's me, the academic junkie. Since I was little, I was always told that I'd be successful because of how smart I was, and I carried that with me all through elementary, middle, high school, and definitely college. While everyone wanted to fool around and give the teachers hell in high school, I actually studied, lol. And, I actually did my work and enrolled in challenging classes to make my college application look good. I thought about college well before high school. In college, I actually take my work seriously, whether Humanities or Population Health Management... because I am working towards a degree that will establish the foundation for my legacy. Late at night, I sit up thinking about how far I will go... how far my career will take me, the businesses I'll own, how much money I'll make... you know what I mean? Actually planning it out and stressing about it in the moment regardless of it being years from now. I sit up and think about how far me and my companion will go with him being in the services and with his major and with his goals and whether or not we will actually be all that I dream we will be. I think about what I'd be like as a mother and how successful I will be at it, along with how successful I will be as a wife. Some of the things that I stress about, people my age don't even care to think about, but I really struggle everyday with whether or not I will accomplish all the dreams that I set out to accomplish. I struggle with whether or not I will even be able to have children, or whether or not I will even get married. The possibility of these things worry me and it's all a part of that idea of "thinking and planning ahead". They taught us to think and plan ahead years before it became crucial to do so, but teachers and family never told us how obsessive it could be, along with disappointing. The reality is, I can set out to accomplish these things and spend years planning it out, but it just might not happen that way, then what? What happens after I get my hopes up about meeting the perfect guy in college, getting engaged in college, married and an apartment after graduation, popping out a kid or two, and trying to balance being a mom and having a career and blah blah blah! Naïve plans, but we all have those naïve moments that we recognize as being naïve, but we still keep hope within us that things may happen like we thought or planned. I thought and planned ahead dozens of times, and was disappointed sometimes and satisfied other times.... Just up starting the first night of my spring break THINKING.

Comments

Most Popular Posts

Girl friendssssss !!!!

Girlfriends was by far one of the best television shows that I grew up watching, and still watch to this day... and when I think about the type of women/social circle that I would like to be around, Joan, Toni, Mya, and Lynn is exactly what it would look like. I remember starting off the sixth grade and traveling up until high school with a huge social circle filled with all these different types of girls and young women with varied personalities, values, and beliefs. Throughout that time, my social circle remained large, but there were some tweaks here and there and some people were not meant to last. What I mean is, we outgrow some relationships, we drain out some relationships, and we sometimes stop putting forth the effort to keep up effective relationships. Over the course of those years, I developed a lot of meaningful relationships and developed a slight sense of what type of people I wanted to be surrounded by. One of the major adjustments that I had throughout graduat

Facebook Chronicles.

My post had over 250 comments and 18 shares as of writing this blog. So, all different types of men come in my dms messaging me with different purposes. I've gotten nudes in my messages, wanna-be thugs, nerds, mixtapes, drama, and all these other things in my messages, but today was the ultimate breaking point for me. This guy, who has been trying to get with me for years, came in my messages trying to talk to me, which I denied, and he in return got potty within the mouth and said some disrespectful things to me. There were a few reasons why I shared the messages on Facebook and Snapchat that I really want to share. For starters, there are right and wrong ways to approach women when you come in their direct messages. I don't know how other people were raised, but meeting and talking to people online is already something sketchy because you don't really have a sure perception of how this person is through something where we can be who we want to be. Behind computer scr

How Do You Go About Letting People Go?

The past few days, people have been trying me, yet I have provided them with opportunities to change that. Today, I decided to take the initiative to cut off my "best friend" due to her no longer being fit to have that role anymore. Was the decision hard? Far from it. I say that... if you allow people the opportunity to come back into your life from a previous mishap, and they did not learn from it from not having you present in their life then, then they are not fit to be a part of your life. I do not grieve over losses of people in that manner anymore because I make decisions that are going to be best for me. If it is best for me to cut ties with people that I have known for years, so be it. Whether it is friends, family, whoever... because you will not have a place in my life where you choose to be toxic. We are not going to speak on the countless nights where you called and I was the only one there to talk to. We are not going to speak on how you questioned whether you w