Skip to main content

Single and Playing The Field...

One of the best parts about being single, and single for an extended amount of time, is having the time to actually get to know other people. Not just getting to know other people in a sense of.. "So and so goes to Missouri Western...", but getting to know them in a sense where I can learn their habits, the things that may love and/or hate, and possibly what they may be looking for in a mate. I think that what we fail to realize when it comes to being single is that we are SINGLE and all SINGLE entails, lol. Let me explain, we present ourselves to this new person as a single individual interested in getting to know them and possibly having hopes of going somewhere with them. Then, we start hanging around them more and communicating with them at a deeper and more personal level to the point where we steer away from that single title and view them in a way that is "I am yours and you are mine." Keep in mind, we are BOTH still single... and we mess up where we ruin a situation that may be going well by attaching "relationship responsibilities" to a situation where NO RELATIONSHIP exists. When I look back on some of my failed situations, they have failed based on some of the actions that have occurred between us two, but in addition to that, we attached responsibilities to the union that did not have to be responsibilities in the first place. So, for example, one guy I used to talk to always used to tell me that I was his and he was mine, but there was no title attached and he expected me to act as if I were in a relationship, but in actuality, I was single and had never changed from being single. He attached these expectations that he would place on a girlfriend on me and assumed that would work simply because he said so. It does not work that way. So, in my eyes, what he was saying was definitely a load of crap and something that he was just saying just to justify him actually going out messing with other people, while keeping me "under wraps". Which, him messing with other people would have been fine anyway because he was not mine. What I struggled with through the dating process is coming across men that expected me to be theirs, but to an extent. To be their "lowkey girlfriend" with the expectations that they created, but single when it comes to them doing what they wanted to do. It does NOT work that way, therefore, I started playing the field. I got cursed out a few times, yelled at a few times, you know.... emotional sessions sometimes from some of these men because I started acting like a SINGLE WOMAN, which was what I was the whole damn time. I got calls filled with a screaming man on the other end because I went out on a date with him last week, but a date with another guy two weeks later.. but I just could not understand WHY it mattered if he was able to do the same thing and we were BOTH single. If men can play the field and date around to get to know new people, then why cant women do it without appearing to be easy. Me going out on different dates and interacting with different people was me taking the time to figure out what type of man and situation did I really want. The whole single thing is kind of tricky, but.... I'm making do. I simply just feel like, if you're going to want to appear to be single to the public, but try to wife a girl up in private. I'll pass on you and you need to do some type of evaluation on yourself because that situation just is not right and it makes no sense. If you want a woman, put her in a relationship... but if you simply just want to mess around, be honest about it and do just that. Not... "I entertain other girls, but they don't mean anything.... but you better not be messing around with other people" type of thing, because if you come at me like that and try to place me in that type of situation, you have lost your damn mind. There is nothing wrong with being single and messing with different people is you have common sense about it. I can entertain one guy at dinner because he makes me laugh and another next week at the skating rink because the last one did something to piss me off. This is simply just .... being single.

Comments

Most Popular Posts

Girl friendssssss !!!!

Girlfriends was by far one of the best television shows that I grew up watching, and still watch to this day... and when I think about the type of women/social circle that I would like to be around, Joan, Toni, Mya, and Lynn is exactly what it would look like. I remember starting off the sixth grade and traveling up until high school with a huge social circle filled with all these different types of girls and young women with varied personalities, values, and beliefs. Throughout that time, my social circle remained large, but there were some tweaks here and there and some people were not meant to last. What I mean is, we outgrow some relationships, we drain out some relationships, and we sometimes stop putting forth the effort to keep up effective relationships. Over the course of those years, I developed a lot of meaningful relationships and developed a slight sense of what type of people I wanted to be surrounded by. One of the major adjustments that I had throughout graduat

Facebook Chronicles.

My post had over 250 comments and 18 shares as of writing this blog. So, all different types of men come in my dms messaging me with different purposes. I've gotten nudes in my messages, wanna-be thugs, nerds, mixtapes, drama, and all these other things in my messages, but today was the ultimate breaking point for me. This guy, who has been trying to get with me for years, came in my messages trying to talk to me, which I denied, and he in return got potty within the mouth and said some disrespectful things to me. There were a few reasons why I shared the messages on Facebook and Snapchat that I really want to share. For starters, there are right and wrong ways to approach women when you come in their direct messages. I don't know how other people were raised, but meeting and talking to people online is already something sketchy because you don't really have a sure perception of how this person is through something where we can be who we want to be. Behind computer scr

How Do You Go About Letting People Go?

The past few days, people have been trying me, yet I have provided them with opportunities to change that. Today, I decided to take the initiative to cut off my "best friend" due to her no longer being fit to have that role anymore. Was the decision hard? Far from it. I say that... if you allow people the opportunity to come back into your life from a previous mishap, and they did not learn from it from not having you present in their life then, then they are not fit to be a part of your life. I do not grieve over losses of people in that manner anymore because I make decisions that are going to be best for me. If it is best for me to cut ties with people that I have known for years, so be it. Whether it is friends, family, whoever... because you will not have a place in my life where you choose to be toxic. We are not going to speak on the countless nights where you called and I was the only one there to talk to. We are not going to speak on how you questioned whether you w