Skip to main content

14 Months: Counting Down Til Graduation!


In fourteen months, I will be walking across a stage in front dozens of dozens of people to receive my Bachelor's of Science in Population Health Management (Human Health emphasis) and I am sitting up at a stand-still thinking OH SHIT! What the hell am I going to do? My life is about to re-start again for the fifth time, I am ready, yet terrified. When I said my life is about to re-start again, I feel like I should elaborate. Every time that I changed schools, I saw it as an opportunity to re-start who I was, where I wanted to go, and what I wanted. There was the transition from preschool to elementary, elementary to middle, middle to high school, and then high school to college.... now I am at the transition of college to college part two plus major adult life. See, I am not in a rush any longer to speed up being an adult because I didn't enjoy my years of being a child long enough. Understand that I was the smart ass fifteen year old a few years ago that always told my parents that I couldn't wait until I was grown so that I could do whatever I wanted. When I say that adult life is overrated and I am begging time to slow the hell down! I am even more scared than ever at this point because everything that I planned for over the past few years is about to come into effect. I am no longer about to be working temporary jobs to meet basic needs like car insurance and dorm needs, I am about to move into a career that I intend to be in for a lifetime with intentions of it providing for, not only me, but a family. You see, most people my age have already tried to move out on their own and speed up their adulting process, but me... I'm real enough with myself to understand that I am not ready. Some people my age have been successful with it, while others have not and I never had intentions of moving out on my own just to move back home due to not being able to provide for myself. I always had intentions of graduating with my Bachelors, spending a year and a half after that saving up money, and then moving out on my own... because again, THERE IS NO RUSH. Although this may be a small thing to some people, moving on my own has also been terrifying for me for the simple fact that I will be ALONE, lol. I have always had this fear of being stalked or someone breaking in or something, and although people take light to it, these things happen every day and of course I don't want it to happen to me. I am scared for the small things, like.... I don't touch spiders or insects of any sort and who will get them for me when that time comes? I stress over the small and big things, and 14 months? I'm just not ready. Once graduation hits, its just like....BOOM degree,  BOOM career, BOOM car note, BOOM apartment/house, then all these other things that I know NOTHING about. Like, when the hell do I get life insurance? I've been asking adults that question for years and not one adult can give me a direct answer and even though I realistically am prepared to enter this new stage, I feel highly unprepared. In 14 months, all I've been touching base on is my fears... but I actually am quite excited. I was never satisfied with my college choice, so in 14 plus months... I have the opportunity to really find another institution meant for me without complications. What I mean is, I don't have to choose a college based on the fact that "my boyfriend cannot make good enough grades for it"... I can choose something for ME when I look at grad schools. I am excited to wear heels that I have gotten oh-so-comfortable walking in across this small stage that appears so big to get a degree that will forever mean the world to me. I am excited to have my grandparents in the crowd cheering for me as I shed a few tears because, damn it, college is hard. Whoever said that college was easy lied to you because it was by far one of the hardest things that I will conquer. It is simply an understatement to say "I made it." once that day comes. 14 Months....I'm counting down til graduation. 

***SUBSCRIBE AT THE TOP OF THE MAIN PAGE TO RECEIVE NOTIFICATION EMAILS OF NEW POSTS***

Comments

Most Popular Posts

Girl friendssssss !!!!

Girlfriends was by far one of the best television shows that I grew up watching, and still watch to this day... and when I think about the type of women/social circle that I would like to be around, Joan, Toni, Mya, and Lynn is exactly what it would look like. I remember starting off the sixth grade and traveling up until high school with a huge social circle filled with all these different types of girls and young women with varied personalities, values, and beliefs. Throughout that time, my social circle remained large, but there were some tweaks here and there and some people were not meant to last. What I mean is, we outgrow some relationships, we drain out some relationships, and we sometimes stop putting forth the effort to keep up effective relationships. Over the course of those years, I developed a lot of meaningful relationships and developed a slight sense of what type of people I wanted to be surrounded by. One of the major adjustments that I had throughout graduat

Facebook Chronicles.

My post had over 250 comments and 18 shares as of writing this blog. So, all different types of men come in my dms messaging me with different purposes. I've gotten nudes in my messages, wanna-be thugs, nerds, mixtapes, drama, and all these other things in my messages, but today was the ultimate breaking point for me. This guy, who has been trying to get with me for years, came in my messages trying to talk to me, which I denied, and he in return got potty within the mouth and said some disrespectful things to me. There were a few reasons why I shared the messages on Facebook and Snapchat that I really want to share. For starters, there are right and wrong ways to approach women when you come in their direct messages. I don't know how other people were raised, but meeting and talking to people online is already something sketchy because you don't really have a sure perception of how this person is through something where we can be who we want to be. Behind computer scr

How Do You Go About Letting People Go?

The past few days, people have been trying me, yet I have provided them with opportunities to change that. Today, I decided to take the initiative to cut off my "best friend" due to her no longer being fit to have that role anymore. Was the decision hard? Far from it. I say that... if you allow people the opportunity to come back into your life from a previous mishap, and they did not learn from it from not having you present in their life then, then they are not fit to be a part of your life. I do not grieve over losses of people in that manner anymore because I make decisions that are going to be best for me. If it is best for me to cut ties with people that I have known for years, so be it. Whether it is friends, family, whoever... because you will not have a place in my life where you choose to be toxic. We are not going to speak on the countless nights where you called and I was the only one there to talk to. We are not going to speak on how you questioned whether you w