Skip to main content

Karma Is A B***h.

You know how we like to tell ourselves after getting hurt that karma will handle the situation for us, or "Karma is a bitch".. I said that six plus months ago and the karma that I had been waiting on back then hit today. I haddddd to blog tonight despite saying I'd wait until April 1st because I was faced with an issue. I was presented with information about my ex today, basically karma recently hit him, and I spent literally over an hour like "Yes, Yes! Finally!!!!!" ... you know? Just joyous because things have been turned happy for me a long time ago and he is finally getting to his low point that he probably never thought would come. And after I "celebrated" in a sense, I sat back feeling bad because I had been so happy to learn of this man's misery. And the moment I caught myself, I had to CHECK myself and go back to who Briahna really was because, I always wish the best for people whether they are in my life or not and I allowed the reminiscing of my pain to fog up a clear state of mind. Now, let me correct myself slightly, I do not feel bad for what he is enduring because we as people have tendencies to bring on some issues that we face ourselves, but I simply just had to remind myself that we should not "celebrate" the failure and downfall of others despite whatever they have done. These things are easier said now because I have moved on, but back then, you couldn't pay me to want nothing more to see that man fall. Now, I talk a lot about my relationship experiences in my blog because my relationships are a major area that I have grown over the past year and people can relate to it. For this blog on karma, I was simply INSPIRED by all that I thought about tonight and it was something that I needed to share, because most of us have this problem with karma. We simply cannot wish bad on other people, because that same wish that we have out for someone, could be the exact same wish another person is wanting on you. Karma is one of those things that tends to come back around full circle and I simply do not want it to come back my way just because "I wanted him to feel the pain I felt a long time ago." Whether he succeeds or fails is his own prerogative, and all I can do at the least to be a decent human being is wish him well. The beautiful thing about typing this out tonight is hearing myself talk back all these words in my head and realizing that I have matured and I must be in a great place to wish this person that hurt me well. As a teenager, I remember valuing the idea of getting even and you just cannot do that, we have this unwritten rule as individuals to do good and be good and that is a rule that I really do not want to break. I am grateful that I had the opportunity to experience the pain that I felt a while ago because I wouldn't be the woman I am today without it. It has been long overdue for me to owe myself some respect, love, attention... and I had all this time to get all of that and some more some. His pain and struggle is not my growth and that is what we should all understand. The people that do crazy things to hurt us need to be PRAYED for, just like everybody else instead of encouraged to do more hurtful things. When I say pray for them, pray for them to be a better person for the people past you and to understand the consequences of their actions, NOT praying for them to receive the same hurt that you might have experienced. If those people cannot understand what it means to be a good person and all that it requires, at least I will.

Comments

Most Popular Posts

Girl friendssssss !!!!

Girlfriends was by far one of the best television shows that I grew up watching, and still watch to this day... and when I think about the type of women/social circle that I would like to be around, Joan, Toni, Mya, and Lynn is exactly what it would look like. I remember starting off the sixth grade and traveling up until high school with a huge social circle filled with all these different types of girls and young women with varied personalities, values, and beliefs. Throughout that time, my social circle remained large, but there were some tweaks here and there and some people were not meant to last. What I mean is, we outgrow some relationships, we drain out some relationships, and we sometimes stop putting forth the effort to keep up effective relationships. Over the course of those years, I developed a lot of meaningful relationships and developed a slight sense of what type of people I wanted to be surrounded by. One of the major adjustments that I had throughout graduat

Facebook Chronicles.

My post had over 250 comments and 18 shares as of writing this blog. So, all different types of men come in my dms messaging me with different purposes. I've gotten nudes in my messages, wanna-be thugs, nerds, mixtapes, drama, and all these other things in my messages, but today was the ultimate breaking point for me. This guy, who has been trying to get with me for years, came in my messages trying to talk to me, which I denied, and he in return got potty within the mouth and said some disrespectful things to me. There were a few reasons why I shared the messages on Facebook and Snapchat that I really want to share. For starters, there are right and wrong ways to approach women when you come in their direct messages. I don't know how other people were raised, but meeting and talking to people online is already something sketchy because you don't really have a sure perception of how this person is through something where we can be who we want to be. Behind computer scr

How Do You Go About Letting People Go?

The past few days, people have been trying me, yet I have provided them with opportunities to change that. Today, I decided to take the initiative to cut off my "best friend" due to her no longer being fit to have that role anymore. Was the decision hard? Far from it. I say that... if you allow people the opportunity to come back into your life from a previous mishap, and they did not learn from it from not having you present in their life then, then they are not fit to be a part of your life. I do not grieve over losses of people in that manner anymore because I make decisions that are going to be best for me. If it is best for me to cut ties with people that I have known for years, so be it. Whether it is friends, family, whoever... because you will not have a place in my life where you choose to be toxic. We are not going to speak on the countless nights where you called and I was the only one there to talk to. We are not going to speak on how you questioned whether you w