Skip to main content

Let's Get A Tad Bit, Little Bit, Semi-Super Eensy Bit.... Personal

What do you call the man that slept with your mother to create you, but was not necessarily active in your life? I do not refer to that man as my father, what I have always referred to him over the years is as "Sperm Donor". I do not refer to who some people view as my "step dad" as my stepdad because that is not what he is. This is the man that fed me for years, saw me off to prom, watched me graduate, and stood by me in the hospital. When I was young, staying in the apartments right across from the dome in Saint Louis, MO, I walked up to that same man and asked him to be my father. As soon as I heard that yes, I declared him my father, and later on in life, I realized that he had been a father well before that moment, since the age of two. That other man, I was never around him consistently to even remember his middle name, birthday, or something as simple as his favorite color. I grew up hearing bad things about him that I wish I never heard because they set the foundation for how I would view him for every moment after that. I soaked in everything I heard about him, as a child, like a sponge, but I never questioned whether or not those things were true.... because if I was told that he did not claim me, or did not want to support me, but supported his other children, why would I not believe it and its coming from someone that has always been there for me? I think that as parents, they make it hard for children to develop relationships with them when they handle their problems in front of the child to see and involve the child in the chaos. I should not have heard either of them bad mouth each other, their problems should have been hidden from me until I was old enough to understand and build a perception of each of them on my own. Being involved in their conflicts has the ability to tarnish a child and it truly does stay with them, because in a sense, you have to pick a side... and I chose my mom's. With choosing my mom's side, I believed everything that she said and constructed my own idea of this man based on what was placed in my head. I met up with him a few times here and there over the years, and whether or not what he said or she said was true, I will never know. One of the things that I wish to have closure on in my life was determining whether or not I was wanted in this man's life or whether or not he regretted all the years wasted on not seeing me develop into the woman that I am today. Does it bother him that another man took on his duties in raising me and that I view him in a way that he should've been viewed in. Whether or not we have a relationship is a two-way streak, but for someone that chose to be away from my life, it is his responsibility to mend the bond that was broken while there is still glue in place to fix it.

Comments

Most Popular Posts

Girl friendssssss !!!!

Girlfriends was by far one of the best television shows that I grew up watching, and still watch to this day... and when I think about the type of women/social circle that I would like to be around, Joan, Toni, Mya, and Lynn is exactly what it would look like. I remember starting off the sixth grade and traveling up until high school with a huge social circle filled with all these different types of girls and young women with varied personalities, values, and beliefs. Throughout that time, my social circle remained large, but there were some tweaks here and there and some people were not meant to last. What I mean is, we outgrow some relationships, we drain out some relationships, and we sometimes stop putting forth the effort to keep up effective relationships. Over the course of those years, I developed a lot of meaningful relationships and developed a slight sense of what type of people I wanted to be surrounded by. One of the major adjustments that I had throughout graduat

Facebook Chronicles.

My post had over 250 comments and 18 shares as of writing this blog. So, all different types of men come in my dms messaging me with different purposes. I've gotten nudes in my messages, wanna-be thugs, nerds, mixtapes, drama, and all these other things in my messages, but today was the ultimate breaking point for me. This guy, who has been trying to get with me for years, came in my messages trying to talk to me, which I denied, and he in return got potty within the mouth and said some disrespectful things to me. There were a few reasons why I shared the messages on Facebook and Snapchat that I really want to share. For starters, there are right and wrong ways to approach women when you come in their direct messages. I don't know how other people were raised, but meeting and talking to people online is already something sketchy because you don't really have a sure perception of how this person is through something where we can be who we want to be. Behind computer scr

How Do You Go About Letting People Go?

The past few days, people have been trying me, yet I have provided them with opportunities to change that. Today, I decided to take the initiative to cut off my "best friend" due to her no longer being fit to have that role anymore. Was the decision hard? Far from it. I say that... if you allow people the opportunity to come back into your life from a previous mishap, and they did not learn from it from not having you present in their life then, then they are not fit to be a part of your life. I do not grieve over losses of people in that manner anymore because I make decisions that are going to be best for me. If it is best for me to cut ties with people that I have known for years, so be it. Whether it is friends, family, whoever... because you will not have a place in my life where you choose to be toxic. We are not going to speak on the countless nights where you called and I was the only one there to talk to. We are not going to speak on how you questioned whether you w