Skip to main content

Understanding Your Worth & Respecting Your Wishes....


STOP ALLOWING PEOPLE TO SCREW YOU OVER. I tell myself this all the time, and still struggle with it. Why? Because I make excuses for people and believe in giving a few chances and I'm telling you and myself that those patterns have to stop, especially when the people and situations are toxic. What I have to recognize is that I am a prize... I am something to be earned, and I downplay that when I allow people to come into my life and bullshit around in it. I downplay my own worth when I mess with a guy that plays with my time, that says he wants to be with me, but without a label attached. I am not respecting my wishes when I allow friendships in my life that drain me of my own personal happiness. I am not respecting my wishes when I allow my own personal fears to prevent me from getting far ahead.... and I am definitely not understanding my worth and appreciating myself when I allow a man failing to be a man in my life to make me question myself. I learned that Leos are one of the LEAST confident zodiac signs and they are extremely hard on themselves and seek a lot of reassurance from others. I feel like that makes sense because I sometimes struggle with those things based on my history with how people treat me. When you sit up and count on your hand all the people you had to walk away from and lose over your short span of a lifetime, it actually is quite depressing. And, I have my times where I sit up and think to myself, "What is wrong with you?"... Why do they cheat? Why do they lie? Why are they deceitful? Why cant they support you? Help you? Love you like you love them... just WHY. Those questions really haunted me when I thought about it because I know what type of person that I am to the people in my life and you're telling me that only a few get the opportunity to have it and to see it? Over time, I have grown to understand "God's Plan for Briahna" and God's Plan for Briahna does not include everyone under the sun, and it  no longer includes shitty people because the lessons that he has intended to teach me have been taught and RECEIVED. Yes, sometimes I do want this person in my life that I may have invested a month or two in getting to know.... but the moment they start displaying patterns that are not acceptable... and God gives me those signs that are oh-so-obvious.... they are either not meant to be in my life, or not meant to be in my life the way that I intended and I have to accept that. I fail at giving myself the best opportunities when I make excuses for those people to continue to be in my life and cause harm. Although we may all think that we move day to day in a manner that respects ourselves, we sometimes naturally don't and the even crazier thing is ... sometimes we catch it and we still continue to allow it. When you sit up and wonder sometimes why things are going so badly back to back, or possibly not in the way that you want it to, consider what you may have done to contribute to it. Do we allow situations and people in our lives that cause us to rethink our worth and disrespect our own wishes? Do we allow people in our lives that abuse us over and over, just to recognize it, and still continue to allow it? What you should take away from this blog here is that respecting yourself is important and to not lose sight of that for ANYBODY. We have to look out for ourselves and allow the best in our lives, because that is what each and every one of us deserves. Recognize that although it may hurt to leave some situations and people behind, it is a reward at the end for doing so. Understand that questioning yourself and downplaying your worth for others is NEVER okay and we must be cautious of the people and things that have the capability to do those things. It is all about understanding your worth and respecting your wishes.




***SUBSCRIBE AT THE TOP OF THE MAIN PAGE TO RECEIVE NOTIFICATION EMAILS OF NEW POSTS***

Comments

Most Popular Posts

Girl friendssssss !!!!

Girlfriends was by far one of the best television shows that I grew up watching, and still watch to this day... and when I think about the type of women/social circle that I would like to be around, Joan, Toni, Mya, and Lynn is exactly what it would look like. I remember starting off the sixth grade and traveling up until high school with a huge social circle filled with all these different types of girls and young women with varied personalities, values, and beliefs. Throughout that time, my social circle remained large, but there were some tweaks here and there and some people were not meant to last. What I mean is, we outgrow some relationships, we drain out some relationships, and we sometimes stop putting forth the effort to keep up effective relationships. Over the course of those years, I developed a lot of meaningful relationships and developed a slight sense of what type of people I wanted to be surrounded by. One of the major adjustments that I had throughout graduat

Facebook Chronicles.

My post had over 250 comments and 18 shares as of writing this blog. So, all different types of men come in my dms messaging me with different purposes. I've gotten nudes in my messages, wanna-be thugs, nerds, mixtapes, drama, and all these other things in my messages, but today was the ultimate breaking point for me. This guy, who has been trying to get with me for years, came in my messages trying to talk to me, which I denied, and he in return got potty within the mouth and said some disrespectful things to me. There were a few reasons why I shared the messages on Facebook and Snapchat that I really want to share. For starters, there are right and wrong ways to approach women when you come in their direct messages. I don't know how other people were raised, but meeting and talking to people online is already something sketchy because you don't really have a sure perception of how this person is through something where we can be who we want to be. Behind computer scr

How Do You Go About Letting People Go?

The past few days, people have been trying me, yet I have provided them with opportunities to change that. Today, I decided to take the initiative to cut off my "best friend" due to her no longer being fit to have that role anymore. Was the decision hard? Far from it. I say that... if you allow people the opportunity to come back into your life from a previous mishap, and they did not learn from it from not having you present in their life then, then they are not fit to be a part of your life. I do not grieve over losses of people in that manner anymore because I make decisions that are going to be best for me. If it is best for me to cut ties with people that I have known for years, so be it. Whether it is friends, family, whoever... because you will not have a place in my life where you choose to be toxic. We are not going to speak on the countless nights where you called and I was the only one there to talk to. We are not going to speak on how you questioned whether you w