Skip to main content

Anddd There I Was... Broken...

The purpose of "Briahna's Journey" is to share my journey with you all in all aspects. All aspects including the happiest parts, the saddest, the most painful, and everything else in between. Part of my creating this blog was because I had stories to tell that were not meant to be just for myself, I have intentions of writing a book at some point, and I recognized at the start of this that I have a bigger purpose and God wants me to use my voice to touch and relate to others. And... through every blog that I have created this far, I have been real with you all about the things that I have done and been through and the realness does not stop when I get to discussing some of the most difficult parts of my journey. Today, my focus for this blog, and the next will be on pain...

The most important part about experiencing pain is, not only figuring out the source of where it came from, but in my eyes... figuring out my role in it as well and taking responsibility for it. Did I contribute to causing myself this pain? For some of the pain that I have experienced, maybe if I had thought a bit longer about the situation before it happened, or communicated better... there would not have been any pain at all. Maybe if I acted my age in the situation, it wouldn't have happened at all. Let me elaborate... A young woman, freshly single reignites a relationship with an old flame that she dismissed years ago. They talk for a few weeks, and she doesn't quite fall for him, but she is interested enough to share herself with him because she hadn't experienced anyone else but one before him. Prior to her coming back for break from college, they discuss meeting up and going out on a date. He spoke kindly and promising, and something in her trusted this guy. One of the key things to recognize here is her sense of vulnerability and quick ability to trust directly after her previous relationship has ended. So, she gets back home and finds herself nervous, yet optimistic to go out with this guy. She feels as if she knows him since they have history and since they have spent every night for weeks talking on the phone (note mistake two). On the day of the date, she spends hours changing outfits and altering between different hair arrangements just to impress this guy. She is optimistic that she might have found someone worth her time since her last relationship and she convinces herself that she is ready. They go out on a date and the date is decent, proper communication, eye contact, and just the appropriate amount of hand to hand interaction. After they leave, he stops by a Motel and they decide to enter... fast forward a bit, she finds herself hours later scrambling between Walgreens locations trying to find a Plan B because of her first irresponsible sexual encounter. The pill was taken and the day after, she hears nothing from this guy. This guy that had been her friend, that had been trusted, that had been given the rare opportunity that other guys hadn't. He blocks her, he avoids her, he ignores her as if she was in the wrong because he assumed that she would be pregnant regardless of her taking the pill... That pain there was like no other because it was another type of rejection that I had faced. It was another experience where a man turned his back on me and treated me like the dirt underneath his shoes. You got the fluff of the story, but it followed me and still follows me to this day. I was not the crazy type to spazz on him and blow him up... I was not the whiny type to cry and beg to him to answer a call.. I took in that experience and dealt with it the best way that I can, which was accepting my part, learning from it, and never making that mistake again. My guy bestfriend was the only one there that could attest to the amount of fear that I had in me thinking about what type of mother I would be at that age. I took the pill, but I was still shook because, that guy had walked out on me, and if I had been pregnant, I would have been a single mother that I believe would not have been a good mom. That pain was one that I'd always carry because I placed myself in a position to where I could have brought a child into this world with a mother that probably would not have been good enough for them....

Comments

Most Popular Posts

Girl friendssssss !!!!

Girlfriends was by far one of the best television shows that I grew up watching, and still watch to this day... and when I think about the type of women/social circle that I would like to be around, Joan, Toni, Mya, and Lynn is exactly what it would look like. I remember starting off the sixth grade and traveling up until high school with a huge social circle filled with all these different types of girls and young women with varied personalities, values, and beliefs. Throughout that time, my social circle remained large, but there were some tweaks here and there and some people were not meant to last. What I mean is, we outgrow some relationships, we drain out some relationships, and we sometimes stop putting forth the effort to keep up effective relationships. Over the course of those years, I developed a lot of meaningful relationships and developed a slight sense of what type of people I wanted to be surrounded by. One of the major adjustments that I had throughout graduat

Facebook Chronicles.

My post had over 250 comments and 18 shares as of writing this blog. So, all different types of men come in my dms messaging me with different purposes. I've gotten nudes in my messages, wanna-be thugs, nerds, mixtapes, drama, and all these other things in my messages, but today was the ultimate breaking point for me. This guy, who has been trying to get with me for years, came in my messages trying to talk to me, which I denied, and he in return got potty within the mouth and said some disrespectful things to me. There were a few reasons why I shared the messages on Facebook and Snapchat that I really want to share. For starters, there are right and wrong ways to approach women when you come in their direct messages. I don't know how other people were raised, but meeting and talking to people online is already something sketchy because you don't really have a sure perception of how this person is through something where we can be who we want to be. Behind computer scr

How Do You Go About Letting People Go?

The past few days, people have been trying me, yet I have provided them with opportunities to change that. Today, I decided to take the initiative to cut off my "best friend" due to her no longer being fit to have that role anymore. Was the decision hard? Far from it. I say that... if you allow people the opportunity to come back into your life from a previous mishap, and they did not learn from it from not having you present in their life then, then they are not fit to be a part of your life. I do not grieve over losses of people in that manner anymore because I make decisions that are going to be best for me. If it is best for me to cut ties with people that I have known for years, so be it. Whether it is friends, family, whoever... because you will not have a place in my life where you choose to be toxic. We are not going to speak on the countless nights where you called and I was the only one there to talk to. We are not going to speak on how you questioned whether you w