Skip to main content

Committed or Not?


On Facebook, I read a post that a guy made that said, "What is so hard about being faithful and focusing on one person?" And, I read that post and shook my head and said, I don't understand what is so hard about it either. Maybe, we just all need to be out here hoeing around since everybody is for everybody. Maybe we just need to all stop giving a damn about breaking each other's hearts and focusing on what makes the other person happy because we get our heart's broken anyway. I feel his frustration and I ask myself all the time, what is the point in getting to know someone, getting used to someone, and then in return giving your heart to someone just for it to be broken? What is the point in fixing your mouth to say that there is no one else, or that you will put forth the effort to make things work... just to catch you with someone else and get my messages ignored all day? So, I in return ask, what is the point in trying to be committed? We go out into the dating circuit, some of us, with high hopes of finding this "love" thing again, and come out stabbed in the heart. We get embarrassed, again... we get lied to, again.... and yet we still manage to pick ourselves back up and toss our own selves in the pit of wolves and retry. I don't know how many times after I have crawled out of that pit that I have wondered why the hell am I trying so bad to find something that just might not be there. A lot of people in my generation believe that it simply just is not in people's nature to spend an entire lifetime being committed to one person, so we should expect inconsistency, lack of commitment, and disappointment at some point. Do you know how scary that is to think about? Do you know how scary it is to constantly start over and fight yourself searching for this pain to come because it is just bound to happen? It is just expected for the person that you meet to come into your life as this perfect person, that happens to change the very second that you make it known that your heart is now out of body, being placed into their hands. We are all placed into situations where our commitment to a person is tested, but my question is, why is it so easy for some people to resist that urge and it is so easy for other people to fall for it? When I saw that question on Facebook, it sparked emotion within me because.... why is it hard to NOT hurt someone that you claim you care about? Why is it hard to not cheat, to not harm, to respect, to love a person that you care about "so much"? And maybe that is where the people on the opposite end of the stick are blind, because if those people really cared.... being committed would not be hard. So, I ask myself after reading through all that I just said... why the hell am I wanting to be committed so bad and I just might be the only one committed in a relationship? Why am I looking so hard to find that person that I see a future with when I already expect to be heartbroken? What determines whether or not it is really worth it? 

Comments

Most Popular Posts

Girl friendssssss !!!!

Girlfriends was by far one of the best television shows that I grew up watching, and still watch to this day... and when I think about the type of women/social circle that I would like to be around, Joan, Toni, Mya, and Lynn is exactly what it would look like. I remember starting off the sixth grade and traveling up until high school with a huge social circle filled with all these different types of girls and young women with varied personalities, values, and beliefs. Throughout that time, my social circle remained large, but there were some tweaks here and there and some people were not meant to last. What I mean is, we outgrow some relationships, we drain out some relationships, and we sometimes stop putting forth the effort to keep up effective relationships. Over the course of those years, I developed a lot of meaningful relationships and developed a slight sense of what type of people I wanted to be surrounded by. One of the major adjustments that I had throughout graduat

Facebook Chronicles.

My post had over 250 comments and 18 shares as of writing this blog. So, all different types of men come in my dms messaging me with different purposes. I've gotten nudes in my messages, wanna-be thugs, nerds, mixtapes, drama, and all these other things in my messages, but today was the ultimate breaking point for me. This guy, who has been trying to get with me for years, came in my messages trying to talk to me, which I denied, and he in return got potty within the mouth and said some disrespectful things to me. There were a few reasons why I shared the messages on Facebook and Snapchat that I really want to share. For starters, there are right and wrong ways to approach women when you come in their direct messages. I don't know how other people were raised, but meeting and talking to people online is already something sketchy because you don't really have a sure perception of how this person is through something where we can be who we want to be. Behind computer scr

How Do You Go About Letting People Go?

The past few days, people have been trying me, yet I have provided them with opportunities to change that. Today, I decided to take the initiative to cut off my "best friend" due to her no longer being fit to have that role anymore. Was the decision hard? Far from it. I say that... if you allow people the opportunity to come back into your life from a previous mishap, and they did not learn from it from not having you present in their life then, then they are not fit to be a part of your life. I do not grieve over losses of people in that manner anymore because I make decisions that are going to be best for me. If it is best for me to cut ties with people that I have known for years, so be it. Whether it is friends, family, whoever... because you will not have a place in my life where you choose to be toxic. We are not going to speak on the countless nights where you called and I was the only one there to talk to. We are not going to speak on how you questioned whether you w