Skip to main content

Men Vs. Women: Finances


Serious question, is there anything wrong with the woman being more dominant financially in the relationship? Is there anything wrong with a woman picking up the checks? Offering the money? Basically doing all the things that have been placed on men to do? It may sound untraditional in a sense, but I do not mind swiping my card for a "man" that I think is worth my time. There is a difference between just giving money all willy nilly to any which guy, but what about someone that you are taking seriously and that you see a future with? I was raised to be an independent woman with my own money, that does not need to rely on a man for anything, so I have grown up to look at a man swiping his card on me all the time as something weird because I have the money to provide for myself. But then again, my grandmother is a traditional woman that is provided for, so she is one of the women that has talked to me and has expressed that it is okay for the man to do for you, just maintain a voice. I somewhat disagree because I really do not think that the man should pay all the bills, handle all the major responsibilities and be dominant in the relationship because.... why am I racking up loans each year just to sit at home and not use my degree? Why am I making all this money and keeping it to myself when he is making all his money just to have barely anything left for himself. My parents structured their union in a manner where bills were about 60/40, and I really wouldn't mind that. I find it challenging dating someone now that feels the need to be dominant financially, because I feel as if I can be dominant as well. I personally do not think that manhood could be questioned through splitting bills or me picking up the check, because a man deserves to be treated, too. A man deserves to be spoiled, catered to, and given money for gas/shopping, too if he is a good man to you. I think that women have a bad habit of being too reliant upon men when it comes to money, and I never want there to come a day when I have to be reliant upon a man to the point where I have to move based on how much he gives me. When I have took it upon myself to treat a man on a date, I have got the side eye, the crazy look, the debate over the bill because men are not used to women treating them on the dates that THEY ASK FOR. And afterwards, I find that men appreciate it every once in a while when a woman can return the favor, because half the time, they are content with staying in, watching a movie, and eating pizza, while women tend to want the things that require spending money. Women want to get dressed up and get Shrimp Scampi from Red Lobster, women want to go to the movies AND dinner, women want to try all these different places and just assume that the man is going to pay with over $600 in their pockets, it is ridiculous. What I have tried to do with my guy is instill within his head that it is okay to accept things on me without feeling like he is less than a man because he deserves to be treated to the things that other women may have never gave him before. I aspire to be different and make my mark in his life so that he understands what he will lose if he chooses to act up, in addition to keeping my independence at the same time.

Comments

Most Popular Posts

Girl friendssssss !!!!

Girlfriends was by far one of the best television shows that I grew up watching, and still watch to this day... and when I think about the type of women/social circle that I would like to be around, Joan, Toni, Mya, and Lynn is exactly what it would look like. I remember starting off the sixth grade and traveling up until high school with a huge social circle filled with all these different types of girls and young women with varied personalities, values, and beliefs. Throughout that time, my social circle remained large, but there were some tweaks here and there and some people were not meant to last. What I mean is, we outgrow some relationships, we drain out some relationships, and we sometimes stop putting forth the effort to keep up effective relationships. Over the course of those years, I developed a lot of meaningful relationships and developed a slight sense of what type of people I wanted to be surrounded by. One of the major adjustments that I had throughout graduat

Facebook Chronicles.

My post had over 250 comments and 18 shares as of writing this blog. So, all different types of men come in my dms messaging me with different purposes. I've gotten nudes in my messages, wanna-be thugs, nerds, mixtapes, drama, and all these other things in my messages, but today was the ultimate breaking point for me. This guy, who has been trying to get with me for years, came in my messages trying to talk to me, which I denied, and he in return got potty within the mouth and said some disrespectful things to me. There were a few reasons why I shared the messages on Facebook and Snapchat that I really want to share. For starters, there are right and wrong ways to approach women when you come in their direct messages. I don't know how other people were raised, but meeting and talking to people online is already something sketchy because you don't really have a sure perception of how this person is through something where we can be who we want to be. Behind computer scr

How Do You Go About Letting People Go?

The past few days, people have been trying me, yet I have provided them with opportunities to change that. Today, I decided to take the initiative to cut off my "best friend" due to her no longer being fit to have that role anymore. Was the decision hard? Far from it. I say that... if you allow people the opportunity to come back into your life from a previous mishap, and they did not learn from it from not having you present in their life then, then they are not fit to be a part of your life. I do not grieve over losses of people in that manner anymore because I make decisions that are going to be best for me. If it is best for me to cut ties with people that I have known for years, so be it. Whether it is friends, family, whoever... because you will not have a place in my life where you choose to be toxic. We are not going to speak on the countless nights where you called and I was the only one there to talk to. We are not going to speak on how you questioned whether you w