Skip to main content

Guilty For Doing The Right Thing...


Do not feel bad for removing toxicity. Simple sentence, simple message, appears to be a simple action, but this is easier said than done. There was this friend of mine that I just had to let go, and it was one of the best decisions that I could have ever made, legit. Have you ever had a "leech" in your life, better explained as a mosquito? That was him. A person that can never take responsibility for their actions, constantly changes stories, stays in the same place in life while you're trying to progress, just a negative spirit all the way around? A person that tries to attach themselves on your back all the way through the relationship while they just leech off of all you are and what you're doing... He was that person, that I just so happened to be talking to prior to the friendship, that was in love with me. See the complication. He had a way of calling me out of my name, disrespecting me, and turning into this evil person whenever things did not benefit him. When I moved on to someone that did not do those things and treated me well, he became spiteful. Outside of moving on relationship wise, I still tried to maintain a friendship. But, understand that it is hard to maintain effective relationships with people that are troubled. You see, he'd have these moments of anger, then turn around and talk about how he loved and cared for me and would make me feel responsible for
"fixing" him. I have this natural habit to fix people and I feel bad for leaving people behind when they need help, but at some point, I had to ask myself.. "What about me?"  This man was twenty-six years old, no car, nothing of his own, working at McDonalds asking me to fix him? I just started adulthood and I am still in the process of figuring out what exactly that means and he wants me to take on the responsibility for teaching him how to be a man? Because he wasn't one. I'm not a man, so how the hell can I teach him to be one? All these questions and concerns went through my head everyday we maintained a relationship and/or a friendship and I had to end it. I had to start worrying about me and not have one ounce of guilt for him because he was too grown to be relying on me. You cannot feel guilty for removing the poison from your life in order to keep your life clean. You are not responsible for fixing others and guiding people in the right direction all the time because, if you focus too much on them, what about you? People have to want to change and be better for themselves outside of the resources provided to them, and this man, was just a complication that I really could live without. He literally was the only one benefiting out of the relationship and friendship, so why was I trying so hard to keep it alive? Why would I feel guilty for removing him in order to keep progressing in my life? If anything, he should feel bad for taking advantage of and hurting a friend for his own personal gain. 

Comments

Most Popular Posts

Girl friendssssss !!!!

Girlfriends was by far one of the best television shows that I grew up watching, and still watch to this day... and when I think about the type of women/social circle that I would like to be around, Joan, Toni, Mya, and Lynn is exactly what it would look like. I remember starting off the sixth grade and traveling up until high school with a huge social circle filled with all these different types of girls and young women with varied personalities, values, and beliefs. Throughout that time, my social circle remained large, but there were some tweaks here and there and some people were not meant to last. What I mean is, we outgrow some relationships, we drain out some relationships, and we sometimes stop putting forth the effort to keep up effective relationships. Over the course of those years, I developed a lot of meaningful relationships and developed a slight sense of what type of people I wanted to be surrounded by. One of the major adjustments that I had throughout graduat

Facebook Chronicles.

My post had over 250 comments and 18 shares as of writing this blog. So, all different types of men come in my dms messaging me with different purposes. I've gotten nudes in my messages, wanna-be thugs, nerds, mixtapes, drama, and all these other things in my messages, but today was the ultimate breaking point for me. This guy, who has been trying to get with me for years, came in my messages trying to talk to me, which I denied, and he in return got potty within the mouth and said some disrespectful things to me. There were a few reasons why I shared the messages on Facebook and Snapchat that I really want to share. For starters, there are right and wrong ways to approach women when you come in their direct messages. I don't know how other people were raised, but meeting and talking to people online is already something sketchy because you don't really have a sure perception of how this person is through something where we can be who we want to be. Behind computer scr

How Do You Go About Letting People Go?

The past few days, people have been trying me, yet I have provided them with opportunities to change that. Today, I decided to take the initiative to cut off my "best friend" due to her no longer being fit to have that role anymore. Was the decision hard? Far from it. I say that... if you allow people the opportunity to come back into your life from a previous mishap, and they did not learn from it from not having you present in their life then, then they are not fit to be a part of your life. I do not grieve over losses of people in that manner anymore because I make decisions that are going to be best for me. If it is best for me to cut ties with people that I have known for years, so be it. Whether it is friends, family, whoever... because you will not have a place in my life where you choose to be toxic. We are not going to speak on the countless nights where you called and I was the only one there to talk to. We are not going to speak on how you questioned whether you w