Skip to main content

Boy, You Get On My Nerves....


I want you to want to do better. I want you to be scared enough to lose me to where you will get your crap together and be the man that I thought you could be. I want you to go about your day doing something productive expecting to come home to me at the end because I am where you should be, not wandering around doing whatever it is that you please. I want you to understand that if you say that you want me, I am going to take you seriously. But, just as quickly as I'll come to you, I'll walk away with twice as much speed. I never take light to any of the things that you say to me, maybe you do that with my words, but I don't do that to you. I take my heart and my time seriously because if you're gonna just come in my life to act up, there is seriously something wrong with you. I snatched my heart out with my hand and held it out to you and you took it with promises to be careful with it and you play. How many times do I have to say over and over that I do not have time for games? You say you're a man and walk around as if you are one, but when are you REALLY going to grow up? I challenge you to. The only reason, the main reason, why I haven't left you by now is because I see potential in you. You have one more mistake to make and then I am turning my back on you, but until then, it's your best bet to do everything that you have to do because I'm losing time for you. I will no longer sit around and wait on you to respond, to change, to work for me like you made me work for you because I am losing interest in this game that you like to play. I simply just wish that you would..... be a man. I simply wish that you would go above and beyond for me because I'd do it for you in a heartbeat. There are so many times when I sit up and think that you are wasting my time because you know what it is that you have to do to keep a smile permanent on my face, and you don't do those things. My question really is... why? If I have to come through the snow spinning in my car, or come over sick just to comfort you, I'd do those things because they would make you smile... but, what about me? Through you, I learned the importance of boundaries. I can care for you, ride for you, do whatever for you, but there has to be some limitations to it because what you cannot do is use me. There has to be some level of respect here because you cannot just do whatever it is that you want to and, in return, expect me to lie on my back and let you do me.  It just does not work that way. Don't you care at all? Don't you want me to be happy at all? I just cannot wrap my head around why you do not understand. Because... I try hard to give you the opportunity to be in my life and to be my man. Boy, you get on my damn nerves. It's men like you that make women say they are done with men because you stress me out that damn much. I let you pass so many times because I complain so much that, I just couldn't do it that one time. I didn't have the patience to say something about that women's shoe you had in my face. I didn't have the time to complain about not hearing from you that day? I just don't have it in me to try and raise another "man". I'm just sitting back thinking, "What the hell are yall parents doing because that's not my freaking job to sculpt you into the person that you really should be."

Comments

Most Popular Posts

Girl friendssssss !!!!

Girlfriends was by far one of the best television shows that I grew up watching, and still watch to this day... and when I think about the type of women/social circle that I would like to be around, Joan, Toni, Mya, and Lynn is exactly what it would look like. I remember starting off the sixth grade and traveling up until high school with a huge social circle filled with all these different types of girls and young women with varied personalities, values, and beliefs. Throughout that time, my social circle remained large, but there were some tweaks here and there and some people were not meant to last. What I mean is, we outgrow some relationships, we drain out some relationships, and we sometimes stop putting forth the effort to keep up effective relationships. Over the course of those years, I developed a lot of meaningful relationships and developed a slight sense of what type of people I wanted to be surrounded by. One of the major adjustments that I had throughout graduat

Facebook Chronicles.

My post had over 250 comments and 18 shares as of writing this blog. So, all different types of men come in my dms messaging me with different purposes. I've gotten nudes in my messages, wanna-be thugs, nerds, mixtapes, drama, and all these other things in my messages, but today was the ultimate breaking point for me. This guy, who has been trying to get with me for years, came in my messages trying to talk to me, which I denied, and he in return got potty within the mouth and said some disrespectful things to me. There were a few reasons why I shared the messages on Facebook and Snapchat that I really want to share. For starters, there are right and wrong ways to approach women when you come in their direct messages. I don't know how other people were raised, but meeting and talking to people online is already something sketchy because you don't really have a sure perception of how this person is through something where we can be who we want to be. Behind computer scr

How Do You Go About Letting People Go?

The past few days, people have been trying me, yet I have provided them with opportunities to change that. Today, I decided to take the initiative to cut off my "best friend" due to her no longer being fit to have that role anymore. Was the decision hard? Far from it. I say that... if you allow people the opportunity to come back into your life from a previous mishap, and they did not learn from it from not having you present in their life then, then they are not fit to be a part of your life. I do not grieve over losses of people in that manner anymore because I make decisions that are going to be best for me. If it is best for me to cut ties with people that I have known for years, so be it. Whether it is friends, family, whoever... because you will not have a place in my life where you choose to be toxic. We are not going to speak on the countless nights where you called and I was the only one there to talk to. We are not going to speak on how you questioned whether you w