Skip to main content

You Know That Guy, After The Guy, That You Thought Was The One....

It's something funny about the guy that has always been present while you were in relationship. The one that stood behind the scenes and waited to show his face until the exact moment where you became single....It's the guy that you cried to, never lied to, the one that could see right through you when you tried to keep a tough face and pretend like everything was fine. It's the guy that was systematic and the guy that built a friendship with you first so that you would love him prior to him broadcasting his feelings for you, it's the guy that you will always be grateful for. This man was six years plus mine, and I give partial credit to him for helping me to move on. I give credit to him for calling me on my crap and constantly reassuring me that I was right to do better for myself. This guy was my friend for the longest time, that eventually became the one that I'd give my all to. Whether a future is in store for us or not as a couple is up in the air, but the love and appreciation that I have for him is certain. The friendship that we developed prior to the long nights spent together and the kisses and hugs will forever stand and will forever be cherished. Moving on from a damaged situation  can be difficult and sometimes it takes the little push towards the end of that process to let you know that it's okay and that things will be fine. This man was my push. This man was my reality check. I had been used to the college-educated, athlete, buff darker-skinned types, and prior to him, I had been picky about what it was that I liked... "that guy, after the guy, that I thought was the one" was none of what I described. He was uneducated, he was not as financially stable, he was older, he was thinner, his hair was different... but he cared for everything that I was and stood for. He took in the baggage and all and loved me regardless. Through him, I learned that love can come in all shapes and forms and those descriptions of that perfect man for me could not be the description of the perfect man that God has for me. He was uneducated, but knowledgeable. He was not financially stable, but he was rich in other ways... He was older, but he was wiser. He was thinner, but just as warm to the body and longer hair, but that made him unique. This man was my reality check, and he was my blessing in more ways that he knew until now, but "that guy, after the guy, that I thought was the one" gave me a type of love and friendship that I will always be grateful for and will never forget.

Comments

Most Popular Posts

Girl friendssssss !!!!

Girlfriends was by far one of the best television shows that I grew up watching, and still watch to this day... and when I think about the type of women/social circle that I would like to be around, Joan, Toni, Mya, and Lynn is exactly what it would look like. I remember starting off the sixth grade and traveling up until high school with a huge social circle filled with all these different types of girls and young women with varied personalities, values, and beliefs. Throughout that time, my social circle remained large, but there were some tweaks here and there and some people were not meant to last. What I mean is, we outgrow some relationships, we drain out some relationships, and we sometimes stop putting forth the effort to keep up effective relationships. Over the course of those years, I developed a lot of meaningful relationships and developed a slight sense of what type of people I wanted to be surrounded by. One of the major adjustments that I had throughout graduat

Facebook Chronicles.

My post had over 250 comments and 18 shares as of writing this blog. So, all different types of men come in my dms messaging me with different purposes. I've gotten nudes in my messages, wanna-be thugs, nerds, mixtapes, drama, and all these other things in my messages, but today was the ultimate breaking point for me. This guy, who has been trying to get with me for years, came in my messages trying to talk to me, which I denied, and he in return got potty within the mouth and said some disrespectful things to me. There were a few reasons why I shared the messages on Facebook and Snapchat that I really want to share. For starters, there are right and wrong ways to approach women when you come in their direct messages. I don't know how other people were raised, but meeting and talking to people online is already something sketchy because you don't really have a sure perception of how this person is through something where we can be who we want to be. Behind computer scr

How Do You Go About Letting People Go?

The past few days, people have been trying me, yet I have provided them with opportunities to change that. Today, I decided to take the initiative to cut off my "best friend" due to her no longer being fit to have that role anymore. Was the decision hard? Far from it. I say that... if you allow people the opportunity to come back into your life from a previous mishap, and they did not learn from it from not having you present in their life then, then they are not fit to be a part of your life. I do not grieve over losses of people in that manner anymore because I make decisions that are going to be best for me. If it is best for me to cut ties with people that I have known for years, so be it. Whether it is friends, family, whoever... because you will not have a place in my life where you choose to be toxic. We are not going to speak on the countless nights where you called and I was the only one there to talk to. We are not going to speak on how you questioned whether you w