Skip to main content

Sooooo, You Said You Wanted To Take Me On A Date???????


What the hell happened to old-fashioned and traditional dating? Like.... I appreciate a man that can actually call me, a text would also be fine, and ask "Can I take you out on a date?", lol. Like, do not talk to me about this movie coming out and assume that just because we talked about how good it was gonna be, that it equates into you asking me to go out on a date. I NEED THE WORDS. When I had my guy friends come around my family, date or not, they said to always look for the man to open all doors, and I look for that naturally now, even though I thought it was a bit much when I was younger. On a date, if YOU ask ME out, I expect you to have money to take me out.... I do not expect to come out of pocket and you were the one that had interest in taking me out and getting to know me. Dating is kind of like that re-evaluation that you may have to do for your job every so often for your employer to determine whether or not you should keep your job, lmao... Now, let me back up a minute, I do not mind treating men out on dates and coming out of pocket, but I shouldn't be the main one coming out of pocket, though. I value a man refraining from cellphone use while on a date, because we really don't need Snapchat or Facebook to comment or "like" on our union and interaction. I prefer your attention, and most importantly, eye-contact and touch. The flirting and beauty of the "date" is interrupted when you answer a call that was unimportant, check your Facebook feed, or respond back to a snap. I have went on my share of dates over the past months, and every one of them, with the exception of two, had a few moments where they stopped our interaction to respond to snaps.... and then you just sit there and look around all confused in these heels that hurt your feet and these clothes that may be a tad bit too tight. I think its safe to say that, for women, we put forth a lot of effort to go out on dates, especially when it is with someone new and we haven't dated in a while... so the least a guy can do is pay attention for the time being. I love the process of getting prepared for dates, as well, so when I actually do finish with the different layers of lip covering, decide on the 5th out of ten outfits tried on... and walk out that door to meet you. It would be nice to be told how nice I look. Some of the things I say sound like common sense to me, because I would do it all if I were a man, but finding men to do these things is seeming to be so rare. I just wish that we could go back to valuing old-fashioned, go out at 8, be back by 10, traditional dating.

Comments

Most Popular Posts

Girl friendssssss !!!!

Girlfriends was by far one of the best television shows that I grew up watching, and still watch to this day... and when I think about the type of women/social circle that I would like to be around, Joan, Toni, Mya, and Lynn is exactly what it would look like. I remember starting off the sixth grade and traveling up until high school with a huge social circle filled with all these different types of girls and young women with varied personalities, values, and beliefs. Throughout that time, my social circle remained large, but there were some tweaks here and there and some people were not meant to last. What I mean is, we outgrow some relationships, we drain out some relationships, and we sometimes stop putting forth the effort to keep up effective relationships. Over the course of those years, I developed a lot of meaningful relationships and developed a slight sense of what type of people I wanted to be surrounded by. One of the major adjustments that I had throughout graduat

Facebook Chronicles.

My post had over 250 comments and 18 shares as of writing this blog. So, all different types of men come in my dms messaging me with different purposes. I've gotten nudes in my messages, wanna-be thugs, nerds, mixtapes, drama, and all these other things in my messages, but today was the ultimate breaking point for me. This guy, who has been trying to get with me for years, came in my messages trying to talk to me, which I denied, and he in return got potty within the mouth and said some disrespectful things to me. There were a few reasons why I shared the messages on Facebook and Snapchat that I really want to share. For starters, there are right and wrong ways to approach women when you come in their direct messages. I don't know how other people were raised, but meeting and talking to people online is already something sketchy because you don't really have a sure perception of how this person is through something where we can be who we want to be. Behind computer scr

How Do You Go About Letting People Go?

The past few days, people have been trying me, yet I have provided them with opportunities to change that. Today, I decided to take the initiative to cut off my "best friend" due to her no longer being fit to have that role anymore. Was the decision hard? Far from it. I say that... if you allow people the opportunity to come back into your life from a previous mishap, and they did not learn from it from not having you present in their life then, then they are not fit to be a part of your life. I do not grieve over losses of people in that manner anymore because I make decisions that are going to be best for me. If it is best for me to cut ties with people that I have known for years, so be it. Whether it is friends, family, whoever... because you will not have a place in my life where you choose to be toxic. We are not going to speak on the countless nights where you called and I was the only one there to talk to. We are not going to speak on how you questioned whether you w