Skip to main content

Slow Down, Baby Girl..

As young as thirteen, I walked around my parent's house thinking that I could not wait until I could be an adult and get out of their house. I could not wait until I went to college, and when I chose that college, it would be far enough to where my parents couldn't just pop up. I could not wait until I had kids because they would have their cars on their sixteenth birthdays and I would not be as strict as my parents were. I could not wait until I could count my own money and have no one controlling my every move and telling me what to do... Adulthood is overrated. Once I put my two feet on the ground and declared myself an adult, I wanted to do and see everything that being an adult entailed. I wanted to experience paying bills, working long hours, and get a car of all things. After going through on and off periods of financial success, increased bills, and working seven hours of work everyday... I take everything that I said back and I wish to go back to a time where my mom fixed my dinner plates and drove me around everywhere. Adulthood isn't adulthood until you experience $900 in fees to fix a problem on your car, or signing up for car insurance, plus a cellphone bill, and maintaining your personal appearance fees (nails, hair, clothes) along with college expenses. If I could go back and talk to that thirteen year old, rolling her eyes cleaning up the house, I would tell her to "SLOW DOWN, BABY GIRL"... because you have the rest of your life to be an adult and a limited time to be a kid with no major responsibilities, along with people to fall back on if you fall. Once you hit adulthood, those cushions are turned into bricks and the life that you viewed as glitter and bling as a child has become destroyed. I cannot go back in time to be a child, unfortunately, but the little cushion that I do have left, I am holding onto it for dear life because I am sooooo not ready for complete adulthood. It is definitely okay to be scared for it, but being pushed out on my own earlier than expected has prepared me for the real world that I am about to enter in about a year and a half. All I can do now is drag my feet and hope that time goes by slow, because this girl is NOT rushing it, lol.

Comments

Most Popular Posts

Girl friendssssss !!!!

Girlfriends was by far one of the best television shows that I grew up watching, and still watch to this day... and when I think about the type of women/social circle that I would like to be around, Joan, Toni, Mya, and Lynn is exactly what it would look like. I remember starting off the sixth grade and traveling up until high school with a huge social circle filled with all these different types of girls and young women with varied personalities, values, and beliefs. Throughout that time, my social circle remained large, but there were some tweaks here and there and some people were not meant to last. What I mean is, we outgrow some relationships, we drain out some relationships, and we sometimes stop putting forth the effort to keep up effective relationships. Over the course of those years, I developed a lot of meaningful relationships and developed a slight sense of what type of people I wanted to be surrounded by. One of the major adjustments that I had throughout graduat

Facebook Chronicles.

My post had over 250 comments and 18 shares as of writing this blog. So, all different types of men come in my dms messaging me with different purposes. I've gotten nudes in my messages, wanna-be thugs, nerds, mixtapes, drama, and all these other things in my messages, but today was the ultimate breaking point for me. This guy, who has been trying to get with me for years, came in my messages trying to talk to me, which I denied, and he in return got potty within the mouth and said some disrespectful things to me. There were a few reasons why I shared the messages on Facebook and Snapchat that I really want to share. For starters, there are right and wrong ways to approach women when you come in their direct messages. I don't know how other people were raised, but meeting and talking to people online is already something sketchy because you don't really have a sure perception of how this person is through something where we can be who we want to be. Behind computer scr

How Do You Go About Letting People Go?

The past few days, people have been trying me, yet I have provided them with opportunities to change that. Today, I decided to take the initiative to cut off my "best friend" due to her no longer being fit to have that role anymore. Was the decision hard? Far from it. I say that... if you allow people the opportunity to come back into your life from a previous mishap, and they did not learn from it from not having you present in their life then, then they are not fit to be a part of your life. I do not grieve over losses of people in that manner anymore because I make decisions that are going to be best for me. If it is best for me to cut ties with people that I have known for years, so be it. Whether it is friends, family, whoever... because you will not have a place in my life where you choose to be toxic. We are not going to speak on the countless nights where you called and I was the only one there to talk to. We are not going to speak on how you questioned whether you w