Skip to main content

Weight Gains

I have been 107-115 lbs. since middle school, and since I last visited my OB/GYN on June 18th, I learned that I am 124 lbs. I have never been in the twenties when it comes to my weight, so I guess you can say I am eating good, lol. For the longest time, I never really had to worry about my weight because I always stayed in between that 107-115 lbs. I didn't care to work out back then, either because I convinced myself that my body was just naturally meant to be skinny. What happened, though? College. It is no longer the freshman fifteen, but the junior SOMETHING because the stress levels that I had my junior year of college caused me to eat, eat, eat. But, although some women would be concerned, I am actually okay with my weight gain. I did not freak out on that scale, I did not go crazy and up and buy a gym membership just to use for a week, nothing of that nature. I tried something new..... I let my body be. Now, if I feel myself getting too far off, I'll start being more responsible about my body because my degree is in health and I know the downfalls to unhealthy weight. For right now, though, I am loving this slightly thicker Briahna. It might not have been noticeable, but for years I have been self conscious about my body. I used to preach to my ex about embracing his physical flaws (flaws within his own eyes), while I couldn't take the advice my damn self. I couldn't stand the major weather changes because sometimes my eczema would flare, I couldn't stand my calves because I thought they were huge, I couldn't stand my hairstyles for too long because I thought it would grow to look weird or childish upon me... hence, why I am always changing up something on me. I could go on and on about the little things that I don't care for within myself, but I truly have grown to love myself despite those little things that may irritate me. My thighs might be touching now, my stomach might poke out just a smudge from those months of ribs (because you know people barbeque like crazy in the summer), my acrylics might be off for the summer because of this new warehouse job... but at the end of the day, I am loving the new changes that are going on in my body. Its the first time that I can put on a swim suit with half my ass out and stomach  showing and not give a damn about what people might think because I KNOW I look good. Not, a guy told me I look good, so I must look good.... it is a "I LOOK GOOD BEFORE ANYONE TELLS ME I LOOK GOOD AND THIS IS FACT!" I can go put on some booty shorts in 100 degree weather and walk outside and feel my thighs moving as I walk and not look down and feel embarrassed about it, like, I am that satisfied with my body and it did not used to be about that. I used to beat myself up about these things that might be so minor to another woman, whether the men that had crushes on me said I was crazy for thinking these things, their compliments did not change how I felt. I would lay down with my ex and we would "interact" and there would be times where I did not want to be completely out in the open, and I would prefer to have things done in the dark because I did not want to see me. But, if there is one thing I can thank him for... it is that, through not having him in the way that I do not have, I realized my worth and did not question that I am bad as hell and anybody would be lucky to have me. So, if I want to be completely in the nude and if I wanted to put on lingerie and come out a room looking sexy for a man, I wouldn't hesitate at the door anymore and question whether I looked stupid or my body looked right. It is a certain level of confidence that I gained that I am so thankful for because I prayed to have it. I am not switching from fried chicken to grilled for a week because I gained these few pounds, because I feel as if I look great. Anddddd, I love fried chicken lmao! Have you ever just tried enjoying your weight gain? We pride weight loss a lot, but what about some level of weight gain? I'm seeing my ass poking out, my curves coming in, my thighs spreading a bit and I am just looking in the mirror... loving my body. No filter, no surgery, no dieting, nothing needed. 

Comments

Most Popular Posts

Girl friendssssss !!!!

Girlfriends was by far one of the best television shows that I grew up watching, and still watch to this day... and when I think about the type of women/social circle that I would like to be around, Joan, Toni, Mya, and Lynn is exactly what it would look like. I remember starting off the sixth grade and traveling up until high school with a huge social circle filled with all these different types of girls and young women with varied personalities, values, and beliefs. Throughout that time, my social circle remained large, but there were some tweaks here and there and some people were not meant to last. What I mean is, we outgrow some relationships, we drain out some relationships, and we sometimes stop putting forth the effort to keep up effective relationships. Over the course of those years, I developed a lot of meaningful relationships and developed a slight sense of what type of people I wanted to be surrounded by. One of the major adjustments that I had throughout graduat

Facebook Chronicles.

My post had over 250 comments and 18 shares as of writing this blog. So, all different types of men come in my dms messaging me with different purposes. I've gotten nudes in my messages, wanna-be thugs, nerds, mixtapes, drama, and all these other things in my messages, but today was the ultimate breaking point for me. This guy, who has been trying to get with me for years, came in my messages trying to talk to me, which I denied, and he in return got potty within the mouth and said some disrespectful things to me. There were a few reasons why I shared the messages on Facebook and Snapchat that I really want to share. For starters, there are right and wrong ways to approach women when you come in their direct messages. I don't know how other people were raised, but meeting and talking to people online is already something sketchy because you don't really have a sure perception of how this person is through something where we can be who we want to be. Behind computer scr

How Do You Go About Letting People Go?

The past few days, people have been trying me, yet I have provided them with opportunities to change that. Today, I decided to take the initiative to cut off my "best friend" due to her no longer being fit to have that role anymore. Was the decision hard? Far from it. I say that... if you allow people the opportunity to come back into your life from a previous mishap, and they did not learn from it from not having you present in their life then, then they are not fit to be a part of your life. I do not grieve over losses of people in that manner anymore because I make decisions that are going to be best for me. If it is best for me to cut ties with people that I have known for years, so be it. Whether it is friends, family, whoever... because you will not have a place in my life where you choose to be toxic. We are not going to speak on the countless nights where you called and I was the only one there to talk to. We are not going to speak on how you questioned whether you w