Skip to main content

.loml.


It's been a long and stressful journey with E, but it has been worth it. I have cried in his arms, found safety in his arms, comfort, relaxation after intimate encounters.... everything that I would search for in a mate, I found in him and that is where my heart lies. I never thought that I would find love again, I guess is what I am trying to say. Although love cannot be perfect and beautiful all the time, I stepped outside of my own naïve self and recognized that the love I wanted and planned with my ex was no longer available for me to have. And, as I stepped into the dating pool back in September, I had no expectations when it came to finding love for a second time because I thought I would never have anything like I had again. And, that is still true to an extent. E and I have been off and on since December, with many difficulties in between, but.... I have grown to love him. This urge to take care of him with every ounce of my being, the willingness to do anything I can to see him smile, the sacrifices I would make to help this man get to and accomplish his dreams are the same habits and tendencies that I had when I was in love the first time around. I will never forget commenting back on his snapchat back in December trying to shoot my shot, lol. Or, how it rained outside and he gave me a picnic indoors because he knew that was something that I always wanted. And, I wont forget that party he threw that I popped up at and we ended the night together. All those moments were some of the few times where I started loving him. But, I also have enough experience with love to recognize the ugly in it and we've had that, too. I wont forget the frustrations of an ex that just wont leave him alone, nor the complications of dating another man that is a social butterfly on campus. Because, when everyone knows the person that you are with, people are more prone to be nosy and, in a sense, its like you have to share what is yours with everybody else because that phone is always ringing and that person is always busy. I spent plenty of days waiting on one text out of 24 hours, or for him to come back to my dorm after a night out, even if it meant me staying up til three am. I went through a lot just to have something with E, and it only started coming together when I took a step back for him to choose between having me or not. We stopped talking for a month or so, and he bounced back to me. I am a firm believer that if people are meant to be, they will be. And, it happened to be. When he called me a week ago apologizing for his actions, I learned that his name was still his name in my phone. My heart fluttered like it always did every time I got a call or a text from him. And... when I heard his voice, I melted into pieces because that voice is home for me. E is my headache, but he is my view of the rain on a cozy indoor-type of day. E was the most beautiful type of man God could have ever blessed me with despite his flaws, and I learned that I was the woman placed into his life meant to readjust and eliminate those flaws. You see, the last woman made shit extremely hard for me, but in the end, he was willing to change because of his love for me. And, he didn't know if he had the ability to love again, either, but I showed him different. When we had a conversation at the beginning of me and him, he told me exactly what type of woman he wanted and what he needed me to do and I did it all. Whether he needed financial support, emotional support at late night hours, a supporter, a bestfriend, a lover, a sexual companion, whatever it was.... I made sure to do it because it was important for me to show this man what love really was. It was not the girl that destroyed you and made you question love's beauty. It was not the girl that made you insecure, that threw everything you used to be and went through in your face. Love is me... and love is you. 

Comments

Most Popular Posts

Girl friendssssss !!!!

Girlfriends was by far one of the best television shows that I grew up watching, and still watch to this day... and when I think about the type of women/social circle that I would like to be around, Joan, Toni, Mya, and Lynn is exactly what it would look like. I remember starting off the sixth grade and traveling up until high school with a huge social circle filled with all these different types of girls and young women with varied personalities, values, and beliefs. Throughout that time, my social circle remained large, but there were some tweaks here and there and some people were not meant to last. What I mean is, we outgrow some relationships, we drain out some relationships, and we sometimes stop putting forth the effort to keep up effective relationships. Over the course of those years, I developed a lot of meaningful relationships and developed a slight sense of what type of people I wanted to be surrounded by. One of the major adjustments that I had throughout graduat

Facebook Chronicles.

My post had over 250 comments and 18 shares as of writing this blog. So, all different types of men come in my dms messaging me with different purposes. I've gotten nudes in my messages, wanna-be thugs, nerds, mixtapes, drama, and all these other things in my messages, but today was the ultimate breaking point for me. This guy, who has been trying to get with me for years, came in my messages trying to talk to me, which I denied, and he in return got potty within the mouth and said some disrespectful things to me. There were a few reasons why I shared the messages on Facebook and Snapchat that I really want to share. For starters, there are right and wrong ways to approach women when you come in their direct messages. I don't know how other people were raised, but meeting and talking to people online is already something sketchy because you don't really have a sure perception of how this person is through something where we can be who we want to be. Behind computer scr

How Do You Go About Letting People Go?

The past few days, people have been trying me, yet I have provided them with opportunities to change that. Today, I decided to take the initiative to cut off my "best friend" due to her no longer being fit to have that role anymore. Was the decision hard? Far from it. I say that... if you allow people the opportunity to come back into your life from a previous mishap, and they did not learn from it from not having you present in their life then, then they are not fit to be a part of your life. I do not grieve over losses of people in that manner anymore because I make decisions that are going to be best for me. If it is best for me to cut ties with people that I have known for years, so be it. Whether it is friends, family, whoever... because you will not have a place in my life where you choose to be toxic. We are not going to speak on the countless nights where you called and I was the only one there to talk to. We are not going to speak on how you questioned whether you w